The Benefit of Brush Care
It’s no one’s favorite chore - cleaning. We have to clean our homes, cars, dishes, and clothes every single week. One thing that is almost always forgotten? Brushes! It’s incredibly important to properly care for your brushes and you’ll find, with just a little effort, they will last longer, perform better, and will be kinder to your skin.
Tips for Brush Care
- Brushes used for powder products should be washed about once a month. If you are experiencing acne, you may want to wash them every 2 weeks instead
- Brushes used for liquid or cream products should be washed every week. If you are experiencing acne, you may want to lightly rinse with water after every use.
- Keep a small calendar in your bathroom to mark when you washed your brushes.
- Proper washing won’t take very long - set aside a half hour and watch some great makeup tutorials while you work!
How to Clean Makeup Brushes
- Wet the bristles with lukewarm water. Try to keep the ferrule and handle away from soap and water. This can loosen the fibers and ferrule over time.
- Wash by adding a small amount of gentle shampoo or non-abrasive cleaning solution on the center of the MŌDA® Heart Scrubby Cleaning Pad or your palm. Using the MŌDA® Heart Scrubby Cleaning Pad or palm, swirl brush into the cleanser to deep clean it.
- Rinse the bristles.
- Squeeze out excess moisture with your hands or a clean towel.
- Reshape the brush head.
- Allow the brush to dry by placing it with its bristles hanging off the edge of a counter, or if possible, hanging the brushes upside-down to help dry and reshape the brushes. Do not dry vertically, to avoid water from leaking into the ferrule. If you prefer, you may also dry by placing the brush flat on a towel for 8-12 hours.
Watch our YouTube video to see the MŌDA® Heart Scrubby Cleaning Pad in action!